Monday, March 25, 2013

This Sorrowful Life

One episode before the season 3 finale of The Walking Dead.

I was so upset over Merle's death that I had to take off work today!
Well, not really, but I am sorry that he is gone. Yes, yes, I know what a jerk he's been but I really felt there was some good in there waiting to come out. I mean, I was a little apprehensive about Daryl in the beginning also, but we saw his true heart come through the rough exterior. Also, knowing how Daryl felt about his brother brings one to believe there had to be some good in him. So much has transpired in this episode, with the decision of turning over Michone, Glen proposing to Maggie, etc. yet losing Merle has affected me the most. And did you see Merle's eyes when he was Zombified! They looked so sad, and to me they looked like he was still in there and recognized Darryl!
   Now, I suppose Daryl will become closer to Carol now that they are both alone. (aside from their extended prison family)

I had wondered about the hold The Governor had on Merle and was waiting to find out what that was about. Sure, I know The Governor rescued him from the rooftop, took him in and got him doctored up, but I thought there had to be more than that to make Merle do some of the things he'd been doing. I wonder why everyone else seems to be so afraid of him also...he's just one man. He can only get away with what they let him get away with, right? Maybe people are just to scared and don't want to be put out on their own again.

But, don't you just love Michone?! In the same since that Merle has been true to himself, so has Michone. She cannot be swayed.

On Talking Dead, someone said the fact that Glen proposed to Maggie made him think one of them won't survive to be in next season. Wow! Sunday is a long time away! I guess I'll have to watch the Zombie Apocalypse Marathon that starts tonight at the very beginning and runs through to the season finale next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment