Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Anatomy of a Lottery Ticket

Well, I did it! Nearly 50 yrs old and I just bought a lottery ticket for the first time in my life. I was so excited at the prospect of buying the ticket and feeling like I was a part of something big that I'm finding it difficult to direct my energies towards winning!
  I decided I'd purchase the ticket and put it away and not even look at the numbers, just forget about it and go about my usual business. I did glance a second time to see how it was composed. It had the date and a little statement that said the 500,000,000. is the biggest jackpot..., as well as several groupings of numbers. I'm assuming the largest sized numbers are the actual lottery numbers. I wasn't even sure I had purchased the ticket when I bought it. I mean, way back when, when my Dad played lottery, he got those nice, colorful, cardstock tickets that sometimes had foil on them. I thought maybe I was supposed to take that little register receipt paper she gave me and go somewhere else to get the actual cardboard ticket.
    Well, I just remembered last spring when we had that last enormous jackpot I told myself that the next time the pot got big like that I was going to play. I'm excited that I played!

When a coworker asked me what I would do if I won. I told him I didn't know. I'd start by getting a lawyer, and I wouldn't mention it to anyone. But, actually, the first contemplative thought that came to me was to take care of this cat problem. I'd buy a farm and create my own cat sanctuary. I'd accept other animals of course, but since cats are my main issue, I'd start with them.  Man, what a kick in the pants that would be to my neighbors who keep calling animal control on us!

No comments:

Post a Comment