Sunday, January 27, 2013

Love that Stuff!

I am so glad I finally got paid. Not only so I can catch up on bills, but also so I can buy some more Activia Banana Bread Breakfast Blend yogurt! The containers are a much larger than the other Activia yogurts, so it works for me for breakfast and also for a dessert! Yes, to me it is that good, that I could eat it as a dessert and not feel deprived! Its difficult to find a banana flavored yogurt that is not mixed with strawberry or something. I think Dannon has one that I used to get at Giant Foods, but I haven't seen it lately. I found teh Activia Banana Bread Breakfast Blend at Mar's, but it only came in a 4-pack, and not sold separately. It's not very expensive, at about $4.00 for a 4-pack, so about a dollar each serving. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this yogurt. It had the banana flavor I like, but best of the texture was so creamy! It did have pieces of grain in it, though not heavily. Since it was Banana Bread flavored, I took for granted that these were pieces of walnut, which was fine with me, as I love nuts anyhow. But as I looked back at the label, I saw that it was pieces of grain that were in the mix. It gave it a little texture and you'd have periodically chew when you hit a piece of grain, but for me it was lovely, and just made the yogurt more filling. I know that some people are averse to foods with a smooth and lumpy texture combination. If you're one of those people, you may not like ths yogurt. I would still recommend trying it, if you like the hard-to-find banana flavor and the super smooth, creamy texture, I would recommend trying it. There are other flavors of the Activia Breakfast Blends as well. I haven't tried any other than the Banana bread flavor yet. Maybe, this pay day I'll check out the Apple Cinnamon flavor. There is also a Maple and Brown Sugar, and a Vanilla variety. Oh, and did I mention that the Activia Breadfast Blends have twice the protein as the smaller, regular Activia yogurt varieties? The Banana Bread variety has 190 calories per serving, 25 calories of fat for a total of 3 grams of fat. It's low in cholesterol and sodium, at 4 and 7%, and higher in potassium and protein, at 10 and 22% respectively, on a 2,000 calorie a day diet. I am in no way affiliated with this product or company. I'm just a consumer who's found a great product, and is very happy about that!.

No comments:

Post a Comment